Thank you from your winner – Jonny!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Jonny to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what he said…

Hello all!

First of all, I’d like to thank everybody who voted for me over the two weeks of I’m A Scientist, Get me out of here, I’m really proud to have won! I’m so grateful to have been in a zone full of such amazing scientists and I’ve learned a lot about viruses, antibiotics and loads of jokes from Juan, Lindsay, Danna and Daniela!

I was super nervous in the run up to the the result because I really didn’t think I would win! Originally, I thought it was going to be difficult to juggle my time in the lab and devoting time to answering questions and participating in live chats. With some careful organisation things worked out really well and as soon as the questions started pouring in, I became addicted! I hope you all learned as much as I did!

There’s a big hole in my schedule now that the event has finished, but I’m throwing myself back into the lab with high spirits. I’m going to continue spreading the good word of STEM in a few different ways and the prize money will allow me to do this. Hopefully by speaking to a scientifically and socially diverse range of young scientists, I will be able to put the money to good use. In fact I’m thinking of collaborating with another winner of this event to try and make money go even further, to have even greater impact!

A final huge thank you to everyone involved in this project – students, scientists and mods, for making the past two weeks such an enjoyable time.

Ciao!
Jonny

Posted on June 28, 2016 modmichaela in News | Leave a comment